- 1 You can create a country feel by adding gothic elements to your bedroom décor
- 2 Gothic style is back in fashion, and many people are using it in the bedroom by playing with existing decor elements.
- 3 Dogtooth check or toile de Jouy upholstery adds a sophisticated splash of pattern to the bedroom.
- 4 A lacquered four-poster bed has a gothic twist, especially when topped with velvet cushions in deep jewel tones.
- 5 A grand mahogany wardrobe has bags of gothic charm and provides plenty of space for folded clothes.
- 6 Large areas of black can look dramatic – balance them with lighter pieces such as a white dressing table and chair.
- 7 The artwork on this wall takes the form of black-and-white photographs in antique frames.
- 8 If you want to be bold with colour, choose a rich shade such as crimson or plum for your drapes, cushion covers, throws and blinds.
- 9 A floral bedspread or quilt will give your room a country feel.
- 10 Final Words
You can create a country feel by adding gothic elements to your bedroom décor
Gothic decor is defined by its lush fabrics, heavy textiles and dark color palette, which is why it’s the perfect way to create a cozy atmosphere in your bedroom. If you’re interested in using this technique in your own home, here are some elements of gothic style that work well for creating a modern country vibe:
- Using dark colors such as grey, black or navy blue is an effective way to give your room a subdued quality.
- Another typical aspect of gothic style is the use of rich materials such as velvet and leather.
- Incorporating large tapestries into your design will help tie everything together and bring out the gothic elements of the room.
Gothic style is back in fashion, and many people are using it in the bedroom by playing with existing decor elements.
You can easily identify a Gothic style bedroom thanks to its features:
- Use of cross motifs or crucifixes on the walls
- Black and white colors are used frequently
- Contrasting colors such as red or purple may be used occasionally
- Oversized mirrors may be seen on the wallThe only rule for creating a Gothic bedroom is that there are no rules!
Dogtooth check or toile de Jouy upholstery adds a sophisticated splash of pattern to the bedroom.
Rather than choosing a specific color scheme, the designer opted to play with different patterns and textures while keeping everything in the same color family. This is something that’s easy to do in a master bedroom, where you have more freedom to experiment with decorating styles.
Here are some tips for decorating with patterns and textures:
- Mixing and matching patterns is an excellent way to add interest to your space.
- Be sure that there’s some common thread between items – whether it’s color, size or theme – so they don’t seem like random objects thrown together.
- Patterns can be used sparingly as accents or go all-out by incorporating them into every detail of your room design for maximum impact!
A lacquered four-poster bed has a gothic twist, especially when topped with velvet cushions in deep jewel tones.
The simple lines of the four-poster have been painted black, giving the bed a gothic look and making it easier to layer on patterned blankets and pillows. The stark contrast between the white walls, the black furniture and flooring gives the room visual appeal, while also serving as a backdrop for other pops of color.
A grand mahogany wardrobe has bags of gothic charm and provides plenty of space for folded clothes.
Mahogany is certainly one of the best choices for a wardrobe, especially if you are supplying your own. Not only does it look good, but it is hard wearing and will last for many years. There are plenty of different styles to choose from and you can even ask for the wardrobe to be painted to match the rest of your room. This option is ideal if you have had your furniture custom made or if you want it to match old pieces that you already have in place.
However, most furniture stores will not make wardrobes in this way as they prefer to keep their costs as low as possible and make their own prices more competitive by making everything in a standard style and colour. Nevertheless, with some careful shopping around online and offline, there should be no problem finding a mahogany wardrobe that will work well with the other items in your bedroom without having to spend too much money.
Large areas of black can look dramatic – balance them with lighter pieces such as a white dressing table and chair.
- Black is a strong colour, so for an understated look you could use a soft grey instead.
- White will make the room appear bigger, so it’s ideal for smaller spaces.
- White is easy to match to other colours and can suit most decorating schemes.
- It’s also one of the easiest colours to paint over if you want to change your scheme in the future.
The artwork on this wall takes the form of black-and-white photographs in antique frames.
Here, antique picture frames are used to display vintage black-and-white photographs. The mix of frame sizes and shapes, as well as the varied directions in which they’re displayed, create a sense of visual interest that’s heightened by their vintage aesthetic.
The photographs themselves are also varied: some are portraits while others are full-length shots; some focus on close-up details while others take in the subject’s surroundings.
If you want to be bold with colour, choose a rich shade such as crimson or plum for your drapes, cushion covers, throws and blinds.
When selecting paint, think about the mood you want to create in your bedroom. Do you want it to be soothing or energising? How do you want to feel when you wake up in the morning? A dark room can be cosy and intimate but remember that a lighter room will feel more spacious.
A floral bedspread or quilt will give your room a country feel.
You can give your bedroom a country feel with a floral bedspread or quilt. You could also use a floral duvet cover to give your bedroom a country feel. If you already have your comforter picked out, you could add a floral throw to your bed. Or you can use floral pillow cases on your pillows and leave the larger pieces of bedding neutral. You might even want to use a floral coverlet along with plain sheets and blankets instead of using just one large piece of bedding. Any way that you choose to do it, adding flowers will help bring in the country decorating style to your room.
If you’re looking to add an elegant and romantic feel to your bedroom, keep these points in mind as you search for decor pieces and accessories. Incorporating gothic elements into your bedroom décor can help you create a bedroom that is not only romantic and ladylike, but also one with deep meaning behind every detail.